Tagged: meshing, named-selection, Object generator
June 6, 2022 at 10:32 amFAQParticipant
Question: This question is related to Object Generator tool in ANSYS Meshing. Is it possible to save sequence order when creating a set of named selections, for example, a group of holes from left to right following a specific path?
Answer: It is possible to enumerate boundaries in certain order if you do follow steps:
1.Create base Named Selection, е.g. inlet;
2.Use Object Generator to select «inlet» as basic item which we need to multiply;
3.Next, you need to select the first row of holes with the frame.
4.Further using Ctrl, you should also select the remaining rows from the bottom to the up part with the frame.
5. Select Scope to “Each Entity”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- How to Fix the Error: “Mesh Exporter does not Support Overlapping Geometry in Named Selections”?
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: ANSYS Workbench Integration with Replay Control
- Why my 2D mesh is appearing as a 3D mesh with a thickness of one cell in Workbench Meshing?
- ANSYS Student: Meshing Best Practices for Students
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.