Tagged: 2019 R1, cfx, fluid-dynamics, General, General - CFX
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
If you use several algebraic Additional Variables (AVs), it is not obvious, in which order they are processed. Consider the following example: You defined two algebraic AVs AV1 and AV2, where AV2 depends on AV1. You will then notice, that when AV1 changes, the value of AV2 changes one coefficient loop or one iteration later, that is it lags one coefficient loop/iteration behind. The process order of algebraic AVs is reversed alphabetical. That means, AV2 will be updated before AV1 is updated and thus uses the old value of AV1. This is what causes the lag/update shift in the current example. To avoid it, you should switch the dependency and make AV1 depending on AV2. Then the dependent variable AV1 will be updated after the independent variable AV2 and no update shift occurs. Key Words: Algebraic Additional Variable, process order, calculation order, update order
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.