January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Sometimes it is required to change the cell zone or boundary zone ID, for example while exporting a large geometry case to Ensight Gold which has a limitation on the zone ID values, at 65000. The face/cell zone ID can be changed in Fluent as well in Fluent Meshing. The way to change the ID in Fluent is to use the below TUI command: (set-thread-id (%get-thread-by-id id-to-change) newid) For example, if you want to change the ID of a zone numbered 65001 to 10, the command will be: (set-thread-id (%get-thread-by-id 65001) 10) Once executed successfully, you will notice that the ID displayed in corresponding zone pane has changed to the value that you set. The face/cell zone ID can be changed in Fluent Meshing as follows. Start Fluent in the meshing mode. Then you can use the following TUI: for Face Zones: /boundary/manage/ID For Cell Zones /mesh/manage/ID For each command you have two arguments you need to give which are a) the current zone ID you wish to change b) the new zone ID you wish to change to To see IDs of all face zones at the same time, you can go to Boundary – Manage in Fluent Meshing, select all Face Zones and List. Similar for Cell Zones. Once changed in Fluent Meshing, new IDs will be transferred into Fluent.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1