March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
The flow solver always uses the exact value specified by the user to calculate the flux through the control volume face on a wall or the inlet when they share an edge (similarly for other combinations of BC’s). This is because there will be separate control volume faces attached to the wall and inlet for the given node/vertex on the shared edge. Thus, the control volume value is a function of both the wall value and the inlet value (i.e. both values are applied by the flow solver for the same control volume). The “hybrid” value displayed at a node by CFX Post has to be one or the other, and thus is not exactly the boundary condition applied by the flow solver. Hierarchy for plotting in CFD – POST in such situations for most variables is (in decreasing order): Inlet, Fluid Solid Interface, Wall, Opening, Outlet, Interface Hierarchy for pressure: Outlet, Fluid Solid Interface, Wall, Inlet, Opening, Interface Hierarchy for wall only values: Fluid Solid Interface, Wall, all others have same priority
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?