Tagged: 17, General, mechanical-apdl, structural-mechanics, thermal
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
BFINT uses the nodal location from the structural model, and the element shape functions and nodal temperatures from the thermal model to interpolate the temperatures. Each node in the structural model is located within a corresponding element in the thermal model. Based on its location, the temperature for each structural node is determined from the nodal temperatures and interpolation functions for the appropriate thermal element. For example, if the thermal element is a 3-noded, triangular, PLANE element. The temperature at any location within that element is T = TIL1 + TJL2 + TKL3 where TI,j,K are the nodal temperatures and L1,2,3 are normalized coordinates that linearly vary from 0.0 to 1.0. The nodal temperatures are stored in the thermal results file. The magnitude of the each normalized coordinate is determined from the nodal locations of the thermal nodes and the location of the structural node.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.