Tagged: Contact Stiffness
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
Higher contact stiffness gives less penetration which in turn gives better accuracy. But higher contact stiffness is also reflected in global coefficients matrix. Higher coefficients make the matrix more ill-conditioned. A PCG solver is sensitive to the ill-conditioned matrices. Thus it will need more iterations which in turn creates longer solution time.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.