March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
â€¢Please start the calculation with the option Output Control -> Results -> Extra Output Variables List â€¢Choose one variable for every Particle group you defined. â€¢Please choose any variable but Volume Fraction. This option activates an internal hook to write the mass flow variable of the particle tracks into the result file. â€¢You can evaluate the mass flow of the particles within your domain similar to the Eulerian phase variables. â€¢In ANSYS CFX please do the following (assuming HC Fuel as particle material name): â€¢Generate an Expression CharMassflowCalc = HC Fuel.Mass Flow * HC Fuel.Char.Mass Fraction â€¢Generate a variable referencing the Expression: Char Mass flow = CharMassflowCalc â€¢Create a plane where you want to calculate the massflow â€¢Bound the plane if necessary (Plane definition -> Geometry tab -> Plane Bounds) â€¢You can set the center of the bounding box if the plane is set by three points â€¢The first point specifies the center. â€¢Sum up the variable Char Mass flow over the plane: sum(Char Mass flow)@plane 1
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- I am running an electrochemistry simulation in Fluent. How can I access the electrochemistry reaction rates with UDF?
- How do I model humidity in Fluent?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Port Flow Part 1 – Getting Started
- LES Simulation of Turbulent Flames Using ANSYS Fluent
- How can volume fraction be plotted in a species transport simulation?
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Non-premixed Combustion using the Steady Flamelet Model
- What is a DASAC failure and how can I correct it?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 1 Getting Started
- Error “…Cannot find thermo database file …Reverting to default…” while reading PDF Table. How to link a specific thermodynamic database file to a case?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Engine Sector Combustion Part 6 Results