Tagged: Gage, spaceclaim, thickness
June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
To assign Gage Thickness to the Sheet Metal design, you need an xml file which has the required information such as material properties, and gage numbers with their corresponding thickness values. The xml file needs to be placed in the Materials folder of the installation directory. A sample xml file called ‘SheetMetal from MatWeb.xml’ is located at:
C:Program FilesSpaceClaimLibraryMaterials (default location)
The properly placed xml file enables the user to select that particular material by clicking the ‘Design’ in the Structure Tree and selecting it from the Library of materials in the Properties Panel. Assigning customized material and having the ‘Sheet Metal’ property set to ‘True’ from the properties panel enables the user to select the Gage Thickness.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- How to Fix the Error: “Mesh Exporter does not Support Overlapping Geometry in Named Selections”?
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: ANSYS Workbench Integration with Replay Control
- Why my 2D mesh is appearing as a 3D mesh with a thickness of one cell in Workbench Meshing?
- ANSYS Student: Meshing Best Practices for Students
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.