How do I prevent “segmentation violation” before the first iteration when starting from a saved case with period boundaries and mesh interfaces?
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
The cause of this issue probably lies with the mesh interfaces. When mesh interfaces are located between periodic boundaries, Fluent sometimes builds additional periodic threads, losing linkage to their parent threads while being saved. This causes a segmentation violation when trying to run the simulation from the saved case. You can verify this error source for your case by deleting all interfaces from the saved (and reread) case. If unwanted boundary zones wall-xy and wall-shadow-xy still exist, you are experiencing the mentioned issue. To resolve the problem, you must prevent Fluent from creating the additional periodic threads by setting a Scheme variable from the TUI as follows: (rpsetvar ‘nonconformal/allow-interface-at-periodic-boundary 0) You must do this before creating the Mesh Interfaces. NOTE: You cannot heal an already “damaged” case by reading a BC-file and using the above rpsetvar command
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Running Python Script from Workbench