How do I prescribe a relative displacement / relative motion between two bodies in Ansys Mechanical?
March 17, 2023 at 1:11 pmSolutionParticipant
Use a Joint together with a Joint Load to prescribe a relative motion (relative displacement and rotation) between two bodies in Ansys Mechanical as Boundary Condition. See the following link for a table with allowable DOF for applying Joint Loads. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/wb_sim/ds_load_joint_condition.html Note: Joint Loads can be defined for all Joint Types except fixed, general, universal, and spherical joints. For the prescription of a general relative motion, use a Bushing Joint with no (0) stiffness in all 6 DOF (3 translations and 3 rotations). Then define a Joint Load for each of the 6 DOF to specify the relative motion. Please find a simple example attached (workbench archive). Note: Alternatively, I might be useful to define a contact with tabular contact offset definitions (tabular CNOF). https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/ans_ctec/Hlp_ctec_realkey.html%23stradjin5jla072099 (Defining Real Constants in Tabular Format) Keywords: relative motion, relative displacements, relative rotations
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- What is the difference between secant and instantaneous coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE)?
- What does ambient temperature represent when using surface to surface radiation?
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1