Tagged: 19.2, General, mechanical, static, structural-and-thermal, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
First create the Remote Point and set Behavior as Beam. Then insert a command snippet under the remote point to get the node ID of the master node using rpnode=_npilot Or just type rpnode in the details where it says “Pilot Node APDL Name” Now insert another command snippet under the analysis. First using command select the pilot node and then attached nodes. Then set the temperature load on the beam nodes. The APDL commands are attached below: nsel,s,node,,rpnode esln esel,r,enam,,188 ! eliminate all but beam188 nsle *DIM,tempload,TABLE,2,1,1,TIME, ! Time values tempload(1,0,1) = 0. tempload(2,0,1) = 1. ! Load values tempload(1,1,1) = 22. ! should be environment temperature for 1st load step tempload(2,1,1) = 101. bf,all,temp,%tempload% allsel,all For the beams you can conveniently specify a material under Remote Point details. And the material will have the coefficients of thermal expansion. You’ll will have to guess a beam radius for each beam connection attached to remote point and reference entities, but this should not make a difference to the thermal expansion along the beam direction.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Stress Concentration Tips & Tricks
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.