How do I fix temperature fields that become a little bit unphysical in melting or solidification cases?
Tagged: 16, cfx, fluid-dynamics, General, General - CFX, species
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
In melting or solidification cases, users have to define the source term to dampen the momentum and turbulence equation. When there are solid or solid forms, it can sometimes cause the temperature to transform unphysically. For example, the temperature can drop a little bit below the initial temperature, even if the whole domain is insulated and no heat is taken out of the domain. To avoid this, the user has to toggle on “Incl. coeff. in Rhie Chow” below the general momentum source tab in the subdomain panel, which indicates whether or not the momentum source coefficient will modify the Rhie Chow coupling term in the continuity equation.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.