January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
A quick note before we get started. Please replace any occurrence of “182” or “18.2” with the version you are using. For instance: 18.2 / 182:: Launcher Service Port would be 9182 Path would be: /ansys inc/v182/ 19.0 / 190: Launcher Service Port would be 9190 Path would be: /ansys inc/v190/ 2019R1 / 193: Launcher Service Port would be 9193 Path would be: /ansys inc/v193/ Additional RSM Help can be found at: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com == On the Submit Host / Master Node / Head Node (Assuming Linux for this example) == Configure passwordless SSH for each user between each node in the cluster. Create a directory/mount that is available to the Head Node for the RSM Staging directory. This is where the files will be copied to in order to be distributed to the compute nodes. Eg: /RSMStaging Install the RSM Launcher Service as root: /ansys_inc/v182/RSM/Config/tools/linux/install_daemon -launcher Verify that port 9182 (adjust based on version) is open to the client machines. == On the CLIENT Machine (the machine you are sending jobs FROM) == Next on the Client machine open the RSM Cluster Configuration Utility: Linux Client: /ansys_inc/v182/RSMConfig/tools/linux/rsmclusterconfig Windows Client: Start -> All Programs -> Ansys 18.2 -> Remote Solve Manager -> RSM Configuration 18.2 Click “+” Give the new configuration a name (doesn’t matter what it is) Fill in the hostname of the Head Node where the RSM Launcher service was installed. (This is the name of the machine you configured earlier in the instructions) For Cluster type Select the Cluster you are using (LSF/PBS/SGE/etc…) Check “Use SSH Protocol for inter and intra-node communication” Click Apply Go to the “File Management” Tab Select “RSM internal file transfer mechanism” Enter in the cluster side view of the staging directory: /RSMStaging Click Apply Select the Queues Tab Click on the “Refresh” button in the upper left This will import the queues from your cluster. Click the checkbox next to a queue. Click Apply. Click the “Submit” button next to a queue. An icon will appear in the Report Column. Click on that and verify that the job submitted successfully.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.