- All Categories
- How do I autosave cdat (CFD Post) files from Fluent during a transient simulation?
Tagged: ansys-fluent, export
June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
If we combine a TUI command with Fluent’s Execute Commands we can write out files at specified intervals. The exact command will vary slightly with models, surface labels etc so work through to get the exact syntax.
An example is:
/file/export-to-cfd-post filename_%t surface list () property list () no yes no
The surface list needs each label in ” ” marks, and using * instead should pick all surfaces and volumes.
Note, %t will append the time step (%f is flow time) and () round-brackets terminates a list. Using
when in a new menu level will cause Fluent to list all available options at that level, while q (Q) takes you back up one level. The command should then added to the Execute Commands under Calculation Activities and set to trigger every some time steps.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How to get information about mesh cell count and cell types in Fluent?
- ANSYS EnSight: Overview of Postprocessing a Fluent Case in EnSight
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulation of a Rotating Propeller – Part 2
- How can I read a number of Fluent transient data files into CFD-Post as a single case?
- How to create an Isovolume based on criteria from multiple variables
- ANSYS CFX: User Locations in Transient Simulations
- Comparison of Experimental and CFD data within ANSYS EnSight
- Add Annotation to Graphics Display within Fluent
- How can I calculate the average and difference between two data files using CFD-Post?
- How do I save a View?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.