Tagged: 16.2, cfx, convergence, fluid-dynamics, General, General - CFX, Numerics
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Below is the trick to improve convergence of specific equation in specific domain. It did help in the past in multiphase calculations. Basically it stabilize the calculation of velocities by adding a false time step terms as a source term to the momentum (and, possibly, the volume fraction) equations. The convergence can be locally improved by setting a source term for a subdomain that covers a specific domain with slow convergence. The value of the source term should be zero, whereas the source coefficient is set to density/timescale. Where timeScale is the (short) fluid timescale. This trick strengthens the diagonal of the matrix and therefore speeds up the convergence.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.