June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
During a solution, Mechanical writes a solve.out file that contains the element types used in the model. You can directly open the solve.out file using a text editor or access it from within Mechanical via Solution Information option under the Solution Object. You need to select Solution Information and set the “Solution Output” to “Solver Output”. You can then search the solve.out file for the element type section. It will begin shortly after a header something like:
*** SELECTION OF ELEMENT TECHNOLOGIES FOR APPLICABLE ELEMENTS ***
The element type listing will look something like:
ELEMENT TYPE 1 IS SOLID186. KEYOPT(2)=0 IS SUGGESTED AND HAS BEEN RESET.
KEYOPT(1-12)= 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- What might cause the “Error: HResult E_Fail has been returned from a call to a COM component” in SpaceClaim?
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- How to avoid SpaceClaim session freezing or slowing down for certain operations?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.