Tagged: 2019 R3, autodyn, Model Generation, Parts, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
In order to join the SPH to the lagrange, we need to ensure that sph is packed right to the edge of the domain. to do this, we need to use the edge packing option which is only available if the sph is created from a predef inside Autodyn. I.e. delete the SPH then go to PARTS>NEW and create a new sph. then, under the SPH menu create a new predef object in the shape of a cube which exactly fills the hole in the lagrange. Now you go to pack this part you will have the option of ‘edge packing’. You should then be able to join the two domains together as the SPH particles will go right to the edge of the domain and therefore be coincident with the Lagrange faces. If you wish to join SPH and lagrange then the lagrange part must be structured (i.e. created in AUTODYN) as SPH can not be joined to unstructured lagrange.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.