March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
There is no known way of doing this with APDL commands. A long time back (probably v12.1 or so) the topology optimization commands were part of APDL but were very limited. TOPDEF would define some of the setup, TOPEXE would run a single step of topology optimization, and TOPITER would run a series of topo iterations. All of the constraints were controlled with a bunch of OP commands (OPADD, OPVAR, OPTYPE, OPFRST, etc). You can find some information in the old documentation. At some point, all of these commands became undocumented and were removed from the APDL GUI interface. The new Workbench Topo Opt doesn’t use any of those commands. Looking at the ds.dat file points out that all of the topology optimization stuff is being handled by an APDL system command: /SYS,”C:Program FilesANSYS Incv192ANSYSbinwinx64Opti.exe” 53795 TOPO1 It is not clear what the Opti.exe command will call but unless it specifically references the APDL commands, there isn’t really a way to customize it.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?