How can the ANSYS CFX Solver behavior be improved for cases with high number of “face sets” in the mesh?
June 6, 2022 at 8:32 amFAQParticipant
If a mesh has patches (boundaries, interfaces, etc.) with many face sets, the ANSYS CFX Solver can crash at the beginning of the simulation or in the first time step with a message “return code 9” and no further information in the .out File is available. A face set is anything that can be accessed separately in the mesh, e.g., a mesh region. ANSYS CFX keeps all these face sets instead of combining them into the boundaries, interfaces, etc. that are really used. This leads to higher demand on a Catalogue Size. The Catalogue Size can be increased on the command line for example with -size-cat 2x and in the ANSYS CFX Solver Manger with:
SOLVER STEP CONTROL: Runtime Priority = Standard MEMORY CONTROL: Catalogue Size Override = 2x END END
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Running Python Script from Workbench