How can I write out an Abaqus mesh from ICEM CFD? When I write the mesh out, there is a message about Gasket elements, even thoguh I have not selected this option, and there are no nodes in the element block. How can I fix this?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
For releases 18.2-2019R2, there is a problem withAbaqus Parameters and Attributes transfer from ICEM CFD. AS a result, ICEM generates Abaqus files that are missing element type and a lot of entries from the element block. This is because ICEM is trying to assign generic solid elements as gasket elements. ICEM issues the message: “Family SOLID_1_1 contain 3D 20Node Element, which does not support Gasket Elements ” To correct the output, the following corrections to ICEM Parameters and Attributes are necessary: FEA Solve Options tab> Edit Options > Advanced Edit Parameters > Define Gasket behavior > > Delete Gasketâ€¦ > Accept Edit Attributes > Mixed/unknown > SOLID_1_1 > Gasketâ€¦ > Delete SOLID_1_1 > Create new > Continuum (Solid) Element Type > Create 3-D Solid Element > Okay > Accept OK Then the Abaqus mesh writes out properly.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?