Tagged: ansys-fluent, fluent-meshing, meshing, Quad Mesh, Tri Mesh
June 6, 2022 at 10:32 amFAQParticipant
When trying to create a new tri mesh on a surface, reusing parts of an existing quad mesh, we might experience some difficulties getting a smooth size transition between the 2 zones. The usual methodology for enforcing a proper size transition is to remesh the “tri” zone with a “meshed” size function using an appropriate growth rate (e.g: 1.2, which is the default value), based on the adjacent zone The tricky part is that, in this case, the adjacent part contains quads, and therefore cannot be used as a reference zone for the size function. In order to work around this, take the feature edge surrounding the “quad” zone as the remeshing reference for the size function. This will lead to the desired smoothness in the mesh transition.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Skewness in ANSYS Meshing
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part II
- What is meaning of message: One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update.
- What is hard/soft behavior in ANSYS Meshing?
- ANSYS Workbench: Decomposition and Hex Meshing – Part I
- How can I create a 2D section from a 3D model in SpaceClaim ?
- How to Fix the Error: “Mesh Exporter does not Support Overlapping Geometry in Named Selections”?
- ANSYS ICEM CFD: ANSYS Workbench Integration with Replay Control
- Why my 2D mesh is appearing as a 3D mesh with a thickness of one cell in Workbench Meshing?
- ANSYS Student: Meshing Best Practices for Students
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.