How can I speed up my DPM calculations in Fluent? Does Version 19.2 offer anything new in this respect?
January 25, 2023 at 7:17 amFAQParticipant
There is a hidden feature in R19.2 (soon to be released): After typing… (enable-feature ‘dpm-hybrid-workpile) Doing this will add a new check-box “Hybrid Workpile” in the “Parallel” tab of the Discrete Phase Model panel. Check it and run some iterations / time steps so that a DPM iteration is done and see whether it helps. To diagnose the efficiency of the utilisation of the CPU resources, type the following into the TUI window at the prompt: (rpsetvar ‘dpm/verbosity 3) (dpm-parameters-changed) Run enough iterations / time steps to get through at least one DPM iteration. Note that this diagnostic can have a small adverse effect on performance, so you may want to switch the DPM verbosity back to 1 once your tests are complete.. (Remember to issue `(dpm-parameters-changed)´ again for the change to take effect.) Also, the speed-up it may contribute depends very much on the individual situation, involving both the simulation problem setup and the hardware configuration used.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Cavitation in a Centrifugal Pump
- ANSYS Fluent: Efficient Modeling of Spray Breakup using VOF-to-DPM Transition
- Simulation of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler with CFD
- ANSYS Fluent: Lifeboat Launch – Overset & Dynamic Meshes with the Volume of Fluid Model
- How can I get the surface area or volume when using VOF model?
- Mixing Tank Modeling in ANSYS Fluent
- Hydrodynamics and Wave Impact Analysis
- Fluent: Simulating Multiphase Mixing within a Sparging Tank – Part 1
- Optimizing Solid Distribution in Continuous Stirred-Tank Reactor
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulating Multiphase Mixing within a Sparging Tank – Part 2