January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
Yes, it could be done by the ‘big mass method.’ A demonstration of the big mass method is given below. The final plot in the time-history postprocessor shows that a unit acceleration time history has been produced at the beam support location. /prep7 et,1,4 r,1,.1,.01,.01,.05,.05 mp,ex,1,1e7 mp,dens,1,.00025 n,1 n,11,50 fill e,1,2 *repeat,10,1,1 et,2,21 r,2,,1250 ! big mass in y direction only type,2 real,2 e,1 d,1,all ddele,1,uy ! constrain all but y direction fini /solu antype,trans omega=100 ! 100 radians/sec *do,tval,.001,.1,.001 f,1,fy,1250*sin(omega*tval) ! to produce a(y) = 1*sin(wt) time,tval solve *enddo fini /post26 nsol,2,1,uy deriv,3,2,1 deriv,4,3,1 plva,4 ! verify s
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- What does the warning “Diagonal of the mass matrix is missing in file” indicate when using RSTMAC command?
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How do I get a frequency response of acceleration in the radial direction of a cylinder?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- What is mass moment of inertia in Point Mass used for?
- How to solve for harmonic response at a specific frequency in Workbench?