How can I obtain an XY plot of the reaction force versus time in POST26? I need to extract the reaction force FX of some nodes fixed using D,node#,UX in an LS-DYNA model. I tried RFORCE command in POST26 but the generated variable was shown to be “invalid”. How can I obtain an XY plot of the reaction force versus time in POST26?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Before solving, you need: EDOUT,RCFORC Then, in POST26, do, for example, the following: FILE,,HIS EDREAD,2,SPCFORC,25 This will read node 25 x, y, and z reaction forces into POST26 variables 2, 3, and 4, respectively. Plot the reaction forces versus time using PLVAR,2,3,4.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- How to apply application-based settings to improve the performance and robustness of transient structural analyses?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- In Workbench Mechanical, how can I obtain strain energy output for Modal analysis?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?