June 6, 2022 at 9:57 amFAQParticipant
There are some controls that can be set prior to solution to limit the type and frequency of results.
Go to in the Details of the Analysis Settings-> Output Controls-> Store Results at. Depending on the type of analysis these controls might suite your needs.
If more control is needed then a Commands Object can be used to issue a series of OUTRES commands. And be used in conjunction with Named Selections (components to MAPDL, using the cname field of outres). This way control like “Do not write any results for Body1; write only stress for Body2;etc” can be done. Please review the Ansys Help -> Mechanical APDL -> Command Reference entry for OUTRES.
In the Analysis Settings -> Restart Controls set the controls to default. By default it is off and no files are retained, thus saves the memory.
In the Analysis Settings -> Data Management, set the ‘Save MAPDL db’ option to ‘No’
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?