- Free Courses
- Learning Tracks
- Ansys Learning Hub
- All Categories
- How can I load the .trn files in CFD-Post from a CFX run that crashed?
Tagged: Ansys CFD-Post, ansys-cfx
June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
I ran a transient CFX case and the run crashed before the .res was written. The .trn files don’t contain the mesh, and there are no .bak files.
1. For turbomachinery cases with rotation: For cases with rotation, the only way to load the .trn files is to rerun the case and not solve equations which will make it run much faster. – In CFX-Pre load the case and go to Insert > Solver > Expert Parameter. Go to the Model Override tab and set all equations being solved to f. – In Output Control, keep your transient output setup, but change it so that only one variable is saved. This will make the case run faster. – Rerun the case. This will be significantly faster than rerunning the case with solving equations. – Rename the .res file created in the previous step to the name of the missing .res file. Put the new .res file in the same directory as the folder with all the .trn files you want to recover. – Load the new .res file in CFD-Post and you will have access to all the .trn files.
2. For cases with meshes that are static over time: – Run the case for one iteration and load the .res into CFD-Post – In CFD-Post, open the Timestep Selector and click on Add Timesteps. Select all the .trn files.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How to get information about mesh cell count and cell types in Fluent?
- ANSYS EnSight: Overview of Postprocessing a Fluent Case in EnSight
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulation of a Rotating Propeller – Part 2
- How can I read a number of Fluent transient data files into CFD-Post as a single case?
- How to create an Isovolume based on criteria from multiple variables
- ANSYS CFX: User Locations in Transient Simulations
- Add Annotation to Graphics Display within Fluent
- Comparison of Experimental and CFD data within ANSYS EnSight
- How can I calculate the average and difference between two data files using CFD-Post?
- How do I save a View?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.