How can I import a large number of points into CFD-Post, and then export them along with required variable data?
Tagged: 19.1, cfd-post, fluid-dynamics, General
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
If you do the following: 1) Import your data points (as a .csv file) as a Polyline 2) Do this by LocationPolyline and on the pop up panel choose Method From File and then select your .csv file. 3) With this imported now create a point cloud from your Polyline. 4) So LocationPoint Cloud and on the pop up panel choose Location Polyline 1 (or whatever you called it) and Set Reduction to Reduction Factor and Choose a Factor of 1. This should give you the set of points to export variable on. 5) Now just use the FileExportExport and for Location, choose the Point Cloud 1 (or whatever you called it).
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.