March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
The .cfx5 file is an ICEM export format for CFX. To get this from Workbench, you can export ICEM format files from ANSYS Meshing as follows: File > Export ICEM CFD input files. This will export .prj, *.tin and *.uns files that can be used in ICEM standalone mode to get a .cfx5 file (see steps 1-5 below). Alternatively, you can hook ICEM to your meshing cell in Workbench and open ICEM to complete the conversion: 1) In the tree to the left of the ICEM viewer window (under Mesh) turn on Volume and line elements: 2) Then go to the Output Mesh tab (above the viewer window) and select ANSYS CFX as the solver 3) Click Apply 4) Then, (above the viewer) click the last disk icon to write out the .cfx5 file, following the prompts to save files as needed: 5) The output should be: Running ICEMCFD – CFX5 Interface Vers. 15.0 CFX-5 File ****_files/dp0/ICM/ICEMCFD/ICM.cfx5 created Done Done with translation.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?