January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
After performing an aerodynamic analysis in Fluent, the drag coefficient, lift coefficient, pressure coefficient, lift and so on can be analyzed. Resistance and lift coefficients must set before calculating (Solve->Monitor->Create). Make sure to correctly set the reference pressure, projected area and speed values in Report->Reference Values. The pressure coefficient can be displayed in a contour plot (Display->Contours) by selecting Pressure and Pressure coefficient for the variable. It can also be plotted with Plot->XY Plot. Drag and lift can be integrated from Report->Force. Displaying the drag and lift of a wall cell requires custom field function (Define->Custom Field Function) to be created with Pressure * function of projected area in drag or lift direction. It can then be displayed in a contour diagram. Note: The projected area of the wall cell in the x, y, z directions use the mesh variables X Surface Area, Y Surface Area, and Z Surface Area.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?