January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
If you are looking for an estimate based on some correlations, this is highly empirical. For a given stirred speed, the power required depends on the resistance of the fluid to rotation induced by the impeller. This of course depends on the geometric details of your specific impeller (size of blades, blade angle, proximity to outer tank walls, etc.). Note that a simulation could include all of this information. If you are merely looking for a ballpark estimate, then do some research and find the range of power consumption for mixing tanks that are used for applications similar to yours. For example, average power consumption per unit volume for industrial bioreactors ranges from 10 kW/m^3 for small vessels to 1~2 kW/m^3 for large vessels. Friction in the stirrer motor gearbox and seals reduces the energy transmitted to the fluid; therefore, the electrical power consumed by stirrer motors is always greater than the mixing power by an amount that depends on the efficiency of the drive. So taking that range of numbers for bioreactors, the power in kW can be obtained for a mixing tank of a specific volume.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1