How can I easily extract data (Pressure for example) at every point along the centreline of a pipe that has multiple elbows and changes profile?
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
In Fluent: 1. Create a UDS with Flux Function = none 2. Set the UDS Value = 1 at the inlet 3. Set the UDS Value = 0 at the outlet 4. Set the UDS Flux = 0 at all other boundaries. This will create a zero-gradient at the walls thus creating surfaces of constant UDS values perpendicular to the walls. In CFX: 1. Create a scalar additional variable based on the poisson equation with a kinemeatic diffusivity of 1 m^-2 s^-2 2. Set the AV Value = 1 at the inlet 3. Set the AV Value = 0 at the outlet 4. Set the constant Flux at the walls. In CFD-Post: 1. Create Isosurfaces of the UDS or additional variable from 0 to 1. These isosurfaces will be perpendicular to the walls at all locations. Pressure data can then be extracted from these surfaces.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Running Python Script from Workbench