How can I do a response spectrum analysis using more than 10,000 modes? The current solver limit is 10,000 modes.
Tagged: Response Spectrum Analysis
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
You can do two separate modal (each with less than 10,000 modes) and two separate spectrum analyses based on the modal analyses and then SRSS combine the results. To capture the full modal range, you need to request 10,000 or fewer modes in the first modal analysis and specify the end frequency (FREQE) from the first modal analysis as the beginning frequency (FREQB) for the second modal analysis. You then need to do two separate response spectrum analyses based on the two separate modal results. After each spectrum analysis, you can use RAPPND to write the results to an rst file. Finally, you can use a load case combination to SRSS the results from the two response spectrum analysis to calculate the combined result for the full modal range. You can use the FILE command to toggle between the two spectrum rst files within /POST1.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.