January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
Keywords: Trace Mapping, resolution, discretization Mapping takes place in two stages. During the first stage, a representation of the layout is built upon a rectangular grid using the data from a specified ECAD layout. The cell size of the grid is governed by the smallest features in the layout that have to be resolved. This size can be controlled by the user and should be specified based on the resolution required. The X-/Y-Discretization properties under Details of Imported Trace enable you to specify the size of the regular grid. The grid density count is 200 x 200 by default. Depending on the trace resolution and the computational costs desired, you can change the values for the rows and columns to receive optimum results. For accurate results, it is recommended that the X and Y discretization be specified such that the grid cell length be less than or equal to the minimum trace width. The Mechanical mesh size is recommended to be less than 4 times the grid cell length.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?