January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
Surface bodies and line bodies can be connected in several ways : – In Design Modeler, create a joint (“Tools”/”Joint”) between the line body and the surface body. Then group the surface body and the line body into a multibody part. – In Mechanical, line bodies and surface bodies can be connected through mesh connections, as both shell and line elements have 6 dofs per node. Use the “pinch” function under “mesh edit” (valid until release 17). – In Mechanical, bonded contact can also be used Keywords : shell-line assembly, 1D body, beam, pipe
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- What is the difference between secant and instantaneous coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE)?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- What does ambient temperature represent when using surface to surface radiation?
- How to use the Newton-Raphson residuals option under Solution Information?
- How to find total heat flowing through a surface in Mechanical?
- How to plot stresses of a beam connection in Workbench?