Tagged: 19.2, cfx, default location, fluid-dynamics, General - CFX
May 15, 2023 at 8:32 amSolutionParticipant
Sometimes the storage on disk is short, if you work with large models, as ANSYS CFX Pre writes temporary data per Default in the .cfx directory in the user profile directory on disk C:. You can change the location of the .cfx configuration directory by a user defined configuration file (cfx5rc.txt): Adjust the attached cfx5rc.txt file to sign to the new directory of the .cfx folder, e.g.: USERPROFILE=”D:/data/username” Store the cfx5rc.txt file in the default location of the .cfx folder in a release specific directory, e.g.: %userprofile%/.cfx/19.2 If you now restart ANSYS CFX 19.2 Launcher or ANSYS Workbench 19.2 and start ANSYS CFX Pre 19.2 the software creates a new .cfx folder in the specified location, e.g.: D:/data/username/.cfx and uses this for temporary data and configuration settings. The solution is valid for older releases too.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.