March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
Firstly, please refer to the following KM and the subeqent link from the help: https://support.ansys.com/AnsysCustomerPortal/en_us/Knowledge+Resources/Solutions/Mechanical/2054474 https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v195/exd_ag/exd_ag_lsdyna_results.html Please note that tensorial Plastic strain components are not calculated and hence not written to the d3plot database for all the plasticity material models (such as *MAT_003). Now, even for materials where the solver writes out the plastic strain into the d3plot database (such as *MAT_024) one would need to request this output from the solver, this can be done by setting STRFLG=11 in the input deck for *DATABASE_EXTENT_BINARY. The following command snippet is what one would need when running the analysis in WB LS-DYNA: *DATABASE_EXTENT_BINARY $ neiph neips maxint strflg sigflg epsflg rltflg engflg 0 0 0 11 1 1 0 0 $ cmpflg ieverp beamip dcomp shge stssz n3thdt ialemat 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 $ nintsld pkp_sen sclp hydro msscl therm intout nodout 0 0 0 0 2 0 However, depending on the material moldel, it might be needed to post-process the plastic strain results in LS-PrePost.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.