- All Categories
- How can an isosurface or boundary mesh part be smoothed with EnSight?
Tagged: Ansys Ensight, ansys-fluent, Boundary mesh, Isosurface, Smoothening
June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
In EnSight, the built in Calculator function SmoothMesh can be used to smooth an isosurface or boundary mesh part. Here are the steps:
1. Click on the part to be smooth in the parts list.
2. Open the Calculator tool box and select the SmoothMesh function. This will create a vector variable for the selected part representing the smoothing displacement. Name this new variable. For an initial result, use 50 passes and a smoothing weight of 0.05. Click Evaluate for selected parts.
3. With the part still selected in the parts list, click on the Displacements button in the top toolbar. Select the variables created in the previous step. The part will be smoothed.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How to get information about mesh cell count and cell types in Fluent?
- ANSYS EnSight: Overview of Postprocessing a Fluent Case in EnSight
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulation of a Rotating Propeller – Part 2
- How can I read a number of Fluent transient data files into CFD-Post as a single case?
- How to create an Isovolume based on criteria from multiple variables
- ANSYS CFX: User Locations in Transient Simulations
- Comparison of Experimental and CFD data within ANSYS EnSight
- Add Annotation to Graphics Display within Fluent
- How can I calculate the average and difference between two data files using CFD-Post?
- How do I save a View?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.