June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
In EnSight, the built in Calculator function SmoothMesh can be used to smooth an isosurface or boundary mesh part. Here are the steps:
1. Click on the part to be smooth in the parts list.
2. Open the Calculator tool box and select the SmoothMesh function. This will create a vector variable for the selected part representing the smoothing displacement. Name this new variable. For an initial result, use 50 passes and a smoothing weight of 0.05. Click Evaluate for selected parts.
3. With the part still selected in the parts list, click on the Displacements button in the top toolbar. Select the variables created in the previous step. The part will be smoothed.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS EnSight: Overview of Postprocessing a Fluent Case in EnSight
- How to create an Isovolume based on criteria from multiple variables
- How to get information about mesh cell count and cell types in Fluent?
- How to create a volume location in CFD Post based on coordinates
- How do I get experimental data into CFD-Post?
- How do I save a View?
- Can not create polyline with boundary intersection option. Warning: Cannot create a polyline. Outlet is not a boundary.
- How can I calculate the average and difference between two data files using CFD-Post?
- View External Airflow Around a Chevrolet Traverse SUS Using ANSYS EnSight
- How to create user defined volume in CFD Post?