Getting the following error when trying to submit a job to the cluster using RSM: Exception launching UserProxy: UserProxy process running for
| but couldn’t get port number. Attempting to kill UserProxy but PID is unknown.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
This error can be caused by a few different reasons. Essentially this error will happen if the UserProxy process starts but then fails immediately after starting. This failure may happen before a UserProxy log is written out, making it more difficult to debug. The first common reason for this error message is, there is a “zombied” UserProxyProcess already running for the user and was not properly shutdown for whatever reason. To resolve this issue locate the process: ps -ef | grep -i UserProxy. Then manually kill it with “kill
” or “kill -9 ” The second common reason is that something in the user’s environment is preventing a proper start up of the UserProxy process, such as a bad TMPDIR environment variable. To get more information about what that might be, you can start the userproxy process for the user manually, and watch the terminal output (as root): su – -s /bin/csh -c /usr/ansys_inc/v195/RSM/Config/tools/linux/rsmuserproxy -primary _ This will manually launch the user proxy process in a way very similar to how the RSM Launcher process launches them. Here you will get more information from the process itself that may not get written to a log. One common example of an issue we see where an log is not written is when a user modifies their TMPDIR environment variable. Sometimes a user will modify this to a location that is no longer valid. When that happens the UserProxy process fails to be able to write the log file, and dies immediately. So please check the user’s TMPDIR and verify that is set properly.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.