For an outlet flow boundary in an incompressible flow, would mass-flow-outlet behave the same as velocity-inlet with negative velocity values?
March 17, 2023 at 1:10 pmSolutionParticipant
For an incompressible flow, both mass-flow-outlet and velocity-inlet with negative velocity values may behave similarly. However, there is a subtle difference in how these boundary types apply numerically and therefore may sometimes show a variation in convergence trends. Velocity-inlet condition applies the same uniform (negative) value provided in the boundary condition panel on every face of the outlet zone. On the other hand, mass-flow-outlet tries to maintain the Σ(mass-flux*face-area) equal to the specified mass flow rate value. The latter does not necessarily mean that the velocity on every face of the outlet zone will have the same value. Hence, the convergence behavior and outlet velocity profiles may be different between the two cases. Please refer to the attached document for further details provided using an example.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?