For a Thermal-Stress analysis, I would like to use revolute joint in static structural analysis for desired motion. Can I have heat transfer across revolute joint in Thermal analysis?
Tagged: 19, General, mechanical, static, structural-and-thermal, structural-mechanics
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
Joint elements does not have temperature degree of freedom. So there is no heat transfer across revolute joint. Since the joint elements do not support thermal degrees of freedom, users need to use contacts instead of joints for such analysis. So in thermal analysis replace all joints with contacts. In Workbench project schematic, share geometry but not model cells between Thermal and static structural analysis. And link solution of thermal to setup of static structural. Thermal results will be imported as a load in Static structural.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.