For a Random Vibration analysis,if I want to know the relative displacements between 2 arbitrary points in my model can I use the displacement results?
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
In random vibration,, since the results from the solver are statistical in nature they cannot be combined in the usual way. In random vibration, the displacement is a statistical Gaussian distribution with zero mean, so any location can move x-sigma displacement (usually either 1- or 3-sigma) in either the +/- direction. We do not know the phase of the motions, just statistically how much displacement occurs +/- of a mean zero. The calculated values are always reported as positive. By assuming various +/- values, we can calculate the maximum relative displacement that can statistically occur between two points. We cannot confirm that it does occur. So there is no way to use the random vibration displacements of two points to get an exact relative displacement.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.