Tagged: 19.1, contact, General, mechanical, structural-and-thermal, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
The coiled surface can be modeled as contact and target. But it is better to have the spring sliced – multibody part and then define the self contact/ contact surface at relevant coils. If whole surface is selected then the update of the contact definitions while solving may become complicated.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Stress Concentration Tips & Tricks
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.