Fluent prints the message “The fl process could not be started.” How to overcome this issue for the serial or parallel version of Fluent when specifying -t1 or higher number of cores.
June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
There are several reasons possible. Typically, one of the Fluent processes terminated or the communication between the processes was interrupted. For versions before Fluent 18.2, this error was limited to the parallel version of Fluent. Starting with Fluent 18.2, this can also happen for the serial version especially for the Windows version. It is recommended to add exceptions for Fluent in your security software that it doesn’t block the communication between the different Fluent processes. You can also enforce the use of a local loopback IP address when starting Fluent by adding the FLUENT_HOST_IP=-127.0.0.1 to the FLUENT Launcher Environment tab.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?