Fluent issues a warning that says â€œNegative k value found in #### Cells after linear solve â€¦.â€ ? What could be the Implication / Origin of this behavior?
Tagged: 2019 R3, Convergence Problems, fluent, fluid-dynamics, turbulence
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
This message says, that the solution of the linear system of equations for the kinetic energy of turbulence at the current iteration has negative values at the reported number of mesh cells. Normally the reason for that is purely numerical, i.e. either bad convergence, or bad mesh, or both. Of course, it can also happen, when a user adds a negative source term to the “k” equation. Physically “k” cannot be negative. When such negative values occur locally, the solver replaces them through a mean positive value computed from the surrounding cells. Keywords: Kinetic Energy, Negative K, Turbulence, TKE,
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.