June 6, 2022 at 8:32 amFAQParticipant
Rotational periodic geometries are often simulated using only one segment. Sometimes a full model should be generated starting from the existing segment model. In Fluent this can be done by doing the following steps:
1)Read in the segment case
2)Rotate this segment by the number of degrees the segment has (Setting Up Domain -> Transform -> Rotate)
3)Append the original segment case (Setting Up Domain -> Append -> Append Case File)
4)Fuse the mesh nodes at the overlapping faces (Setting Up Domain -> Combine -> Fuse)
5)Repeat Step 2-4 until the full model is created.
After reading in the original case the last time, two fuse operations are needed. If the periodic faces have no matching meshes you have to use non-conformal interfaces instead of the fuse command (Setting Up Domain -> Mesh…) When appending a case file to an existing case with the same boundary names they will be automatically changed. You can avoid this by renaming the boundaries before appending a case. At the end you will have the boundaries as segments. You can unite them using Setting Up Domain -> Combine -> Merge.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?