Fluent fails to open the GUI when run and no errors are produced. When run on Windows 10 version 1803, with Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) active in Windows Defender Security center.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
If the the Windows event log shows an error similar to, ModLoad: 00000001`40000000 00000001`401a5000 fluent.exe ModLoad: 00007ffd`557a0000 00007ffd`55981000 ntdll.dll Access violation – code c0000005 This can indicate that the Windows Exploit protection settings on the machines are preventing Fluent from running. If you use Microsoft Procmon to monitor Fluent while it is running it will also show a QueryDirectory Event followed by a WerFault entry Class File System Operation QueryDirectory Result Success Path C:Program FilesANSYS Incv192fluent* Exit Status:-1073741819 WerFault The Fluent development team are still investigating what changes need to be made to the Fluent code to prevent this. A possible workaround is set the below. You would need to check with your IT team if making this change would be compatible with the computer security policies for your company. Go to windows search bar Search for “exploit protection” The link found should take you to the Windows Defender Security Center Select Program settings Choose the option, Add programs to customize Select, Add by program name Type in: fluent.exe Click on the Add button Locate the setting, Randomize Memory Allocations (Bottom-up-ALSR) Tick/Check the option, Override system settings Select the option, OFF.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?