Fluent (any version) UDF compilation running on Windows 10 with Microsoft Visual Studio fails to compile with the error: UDF compilation error- LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘kernel32.lib’
March 17, 2023 at 1:11 pmSolutionParticipant
This error will occur when there is a LIB environment variable present that is pointing to an outdated location for kernel32.lib or if there is no LIB variable pointing to a newer kernel32.lib file. For Fluent Version V202: Create a LIB System variable. The value would be: LIB=C:Program FilesANSYS Incv202fluentntbinclangkitlibwinv6.3umx64 For Fluent Version 201 and older: I have attached kernel32.zip file. Download the file and extract it to anywhere on your system, for example, c:temp. Create a LIB SYSTEM variable and the value will be the location of the kernel32.lib file.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?