FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
Tagged: 14.5, firewall, Installation/Licensing/Systems, LM, Mechanical - SYS
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
ANSYS License Manager firewall exceptions may need to be added. (For reference, Fluent and Ansoft LM exceptions are included at the bottom.) Check that firewall exceptions are in place for the executables listed below. Files to add are found in the directory: C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64 or win32 or ntx86 SERVER-side Exceptions: 1. lmgrd.exe 2. ansyslmd.exe 3. ansysli_server.exe 4. ansysli_monitor.exe 5. ansysli_client.exe CLIENT-side Exception: 1. ansysli_client.exe Fluent License Manager Files to add are found in the directory: C:Fluent.IncFSLM10.8ntx86 or winx64 SERVER-side Exceptions: 1. fluentlm.exe 2. lmgrd.exe 3. icem_cfd.exe (For Icepak and other Ice* Products) 4. artwork.exe (For Gerber file import) 5. ilight.exe (If running Fieldview ) Ansoft License Manager Files to add are found in the directory: C:Program FilesAnsoftflexlm or C:Program Files (x86)Ansoftflexlm SERVER-side Exceptions: 1. ansoftd.exe 2. lmgrd.exe
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.