Tagged: 18, cfd-post, fluid-dynamics, General
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
The .cdat files should be loaded into CFD-Post through “Load Results”. Sometimes issue is caused by empty surfaces present in the cdat file. By removing the empty surfaces (0 nodes 0 faces) the file can be read without problems. When exporting a CFD-Post compatible file from Fluent you can select what surfaces to export. You’ll have to ensure that no empty surfaces are selected. If you perform an ‘info’ > ‘zones’ in Fluent you can find out which boundaries have zero elements associated with them. This is important if the model has interfaces, since additional empty boundaries are created upon defining interfaces. Keywords: FluentIO:Invalid File, cdat
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.