June 5, 2023 at 7:05 amFAQParticipant
Summary: Socket Disconnection Issue This is primarily a Windows issue. If running Fluent with -t1 or higher number of processes and leave the session for an extended period of time (2-20 hours), it receives the following message in the console: The fl process could not be started. No other information about what timed out is provided, and only the cortex process is left running. This issue becomes more significant in light of the switch from serial to -t1. IP interfaces on the machine. The problem seems to occur with the PPP Adapter Umbrella doing some periodic disconnections. We do not see connection disruptions between the cortex and host process which are connected through Local loopback: 127.0.0.1 Resolution: Windows Type: ipconfig /all in a Command Prompt window If you see the PPP Adapter Umbrella connected disable it if possible. You can also enforce the use of local loopback in the Fluent Launcher, Environment tab by entering this value: FLUENT_HOST_IP=-127.0.0.1 If using command line job submission add this value to your command line when launching FLUENT or modify the FLUENT Launcher, Environment tab as noted above This issue will be addressed in future releases of Fluent.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?